Will

Looks like you have a commercial product here.

At the very least a magazine article or a book chapter.

Fame and fortune will be yours.

Nice work. :-)

Ken Vaughn wrote:
One of the features of my Atlas metal lathe that I have come to depend on for
certain woodturning operations is the compound tool rest (cross slide) and tool
post with HSS metal lathe bits. When I picked up my Jet mini, I found that I
really missed the utility of this item. I enjoy making jigs and the more I
thought about it, the more interesting the prospect of making one became, and I
decided I had to see if I could do it.

The results of my efforts are shown in the following photos.

http://home.earthlink.net/~kvaughn65...olpost_jig.jpg
http://home.earthlink.net/~kvaughn65...lpost_jig2.jpg
http://home.earthlink.net/~kvaughn65...ost_holder.jpg
http://home.earthlink.net/~kvaughn65/feed_screw_nut.jpg
http://home.earthlink.net/~kvaughn65/hand_wheels.jpg

Here is my first trial cuts.

http://home.earthlink.net/~kvaughn65..._cylinder2.jpg
http://home.earthlink.net/~kvaughn65/turning_face.jpg

A complete description of the jig and how I went about making it can be found on
the following link: (rather long description with several more photos)

http://home.earthlink.net/~kvaughn65/otherlathes.html

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek