Ian Middleton

"F" wrote in message
Andy Dingley wrote in
:

Pumping out should be time-related, not involving the pressure switch
at all, so it's fairly easy to diagnose.

Odd you should mention the pressure switch: I had almost persuaded myself
that it *would* be that but decided not to mention it!

Thanks for the help - appreciated. Will be checking it out tomorrow with a
bit of luck.

Its the motor controller. Mine had same fault. If empty would spin at full
speed, put something in and it would never spin at full speed, would attempt
to get to full speed and slow down, leaving the clothes very damp if not
dripping at the end.

New module plugs in near the main motor, took me a while to locate it and
cost about £60. Interestingly the old one had a burnt out tiny diode on it
(which might not have been the fault of course) which was a much chunkyer
part on new module so looks liked design fault/design change.