Steve Walker

Howie wrote:
Hi,

Would appreciate a bit of advice as I've never bought one of
these before. I'm looking for something like a 20GB player which
will play MP3 files (not something which converts MP3s to it's
own format).

A decent battery life (10 hours) is important and an FM tuner
would be a bit of an advantage too. (Not essential though).

Can anyone give me some initial advice on brand and/or a
recommended online seller?

Are you sure you need the capacity? 20GB is approx 200 albums, and brings
various drawbacks re size, weight, cost & battery life. Something like
eBay 5751178621 would carry 10 albums, and runs forever on one AAA.
Thumbsized, with an FM radio, and trivially cheap.