Default Methods of cooling a room

"RichardS" noaccess@invalid wrote

For your bedroom I'd recommend looking at installing a ceiling fan

It's not such a sophisticated solution, but I wouldn't be without my 3KW fan
heater, which also has a cool setting. It has the great benefit that it can
be moved from room to room. Over the last couple of days the cool setting
has been bliss, since I can focus the moving air exactly where I want. It
may not technically cool the room, but it feels as if it does, and that's
what matters.

I primarily keep it in case the central heating ever breaks down, just as I
keep a few candles and matches in case of a power cut. But it's also useful
for quick spot heating, and as a very fast hairdryer in an emergency.
Although I've never tried it, I imagine it could also be used as a quick
fabric drier - you know, if you need to rinse spaghetti sauce off of your
favourite party frock without getting changed in the middle of your dinner
party!

In other words, it can be of use all year round and for several purposes -
far more sensible than blowing a fortune, I think, during a
once-in-several-years heatwave.

Barbara