Bob G.

"Nick Degidio" wrote in message
I'd really like to know your thoughts and experiences with router-lift
systems, and routers that work well with these systems. I'm tempted to
just
replace the router, and be done with it, but from what I've read, the
router
lift systems may we worth looking at.

Any thoughts that you can share?

=================================
My thoughts are that I honestly do NOT NEED a router lift system and
I really can say that I have never even wished ( wanted) one...

My reasons are pretty simple....
1. I have never had any problems adjusting "my" router from
under the table.... This alone is reason enough for me..
2. I'm not at all "cheap" but I do have this thing about
covering over a dollar bill with another dollar bill
3. Ok I'd rather spend the money on beer.

Now if I had problems adjusting "my" routers from under the table or
if I had to spend minutes not seconds bending over slightly to make
the adjustment I may consider spending the money...

This is not to say that I have never had some problems in getting the
router at the exact perfect hight I wanted..

Just my opinion... and I use 2 regular router tables, an horizontal
router table, and an overhead "pin" router table...in my shop each has
its own dedicated router which never is removed...

Bob Griffiths