George

"Doug" wrote in message
oups.com...
I new this time would come! The knives on my Yorkcraft 6" jointer are
finally dulling out, so I plan to take them to the sharpener. What's
the deal with resetting the blades? Is it the nightmare I'm expecting,
or not? I was about to order the knife setting jig offered from
Grizzly for $26. It appears to simply rest (magnet?) on the outfeed
table and give you an exact reference for setting the blades. Is this
device worth it?

Cow magnets from outfeed to knife. Make sure, with a proper stick, that the
position of the cutterhead is the same for each knife.

If you have jackscrew adjustments, don't need magnetic anything except to
attach your touch gage to the outfeed.