mac davis

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 15:23:22 -0500, Leo Van Der Loo
wrote:

yeah, Leo.. I bookmarked it....
I got a lead last night for a highly recommended saw shop a few miles from home
that welds up blades to order, so I'll try him first..

I know already about spare blades! I've only had the saw for about 2 weeks (how
the hell did I live without it?? *g*), and have kinked one blade and "slightly"
kinked another...
Cutting bowl blanks yesterday and didn't realize that the bottom of the blank,
that was on the table top, wasn't as flat as I thought... it rocked just enough
to bind the new blade and put a kink in it.. *sigh*

I'm living with it for now.. just trying to use the saw as little as possible..
I don't want to buy any more 93 1/2" blades and my riser kit isn't scheduled to
get here until Wednesday night...
All the blades I buy from now on (and it looks like I'll order in bulk) will be
the 105's..

Hi Mac

Yes most of the 14" bandsaws use 105" long blades with the riser block
installed, did I give you the E-mail address for the low tension Swedish
silicon steel Bandsaw blades ??
They have really sharp prices, the heavier .032" thick, 1/4" 3/8" or
1/2" wide 3 or 4 tooth blades are 13 cent Canadian per inch length,
that's $13.65 Canadian or approx. $11.- US for a 105" long blade and
$9.70 US for a 93" blade.
It pays to have a spare blade or two around, the blades of course only
bend or break when we are using them, but somehow only when we can't get
another one right away.
Anyway here's the E-mail address.

http://www.tufftooth.com

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

mac davis wrote:
snip

probably would have worked, but I needed a blade THAT day.. *g*

I guess after the riser block, I'll be buying 105 1/2" blades???

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing