Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

"Karl Townsend" remove .NOT to reply wrote
in message k.net...
I guess my experiences are slightly different from the rest. I put radiant
floor heat in my outside shop. The tubes are on 12" centers in a 6" thick
floor. Even with a very well insulated sidewall and ceiling I'm finding it
takes forever to bring the shop up to heat - more than 24 hours. (I'm not

in
the shop all day every day) It also just isn't enough heat source for when
its below 10 degrees F outside. A nearly equal size salesroom in the same
barn with a standard furnace takes WAY less propane to heat and comes up

temp in 30 minutes.

My problem isn't the speed with which I can heat the air, it's the speed
with which I can heat up the 4500-odd pounds of steel in my machinery.

It's pretty counter-productive to bring the air up to, say, 65F, then start
breathing in a closed space with 30-degree machines. Pretty soon, they're
coated with condensation, and the rust starts.

Better to well-insulate your space, and keep the temp up to the
non-condensing point for your equipment and humidity level.

LLoyd