John Rouse

Default Building insurance refused because of subsidence

In article , Zymurgy
writes

I backed out of a purchase because my Homebuyers hadn't picked up the
underpinning work, this only came out on the search (and the vendor
hadn't disclosed). I rang the usual insurance suspects and no-one
would touch it.

I walked away ..

If you want the house, its worth arguing that an underpinned house is
inherently less liable to subsidence than a non-underpinned one. Many
insurers will change their mind in the face of logic, its the people at
the call centres who aren't allowed to deviate from their scripts.

J.
--
John Rouse