Alan

"Ron Hubbard" wrote in message
A while ago I posted the question of what to do about a severely clogged
toilet, and I got a lot of advice. Unfortunately, none worked. I
couldn't find any kind of liquid stuff to clean
out the toilet and I spent a lot of time with a plunger, a snake and an
auger, but with no results.

Even though the money is really tight right now, after trying to solve
the problem on my own for over a week, I decided to call a plumber.
Couldn't get one for a couple of days for varying reasons. Finally, when
one comes out this morning, he takes a look at and pretty much leaves
because *now* the
toilet is no longer clogged! It flushes, and clean water comes out and
right down like there never was a clog in there at all. Go figure.

Has anybody else experienced something as weird as this?

Ron

--
"You see me now a veteran, of a thousand psychic wars.
I've been living on the edge so long where the winds of limbo roar"

People often forget this, but water is the universal solvent. Given enough
time ans movement, it will disolve almost anything. This is especially true
of matter that absorbs water. Eventually, it absorbs so much that it falls
apart and goes down the drain. Plus, it decays anyway. Use your imagination.
Clogs will often free themselves this way.

OTOH, if this was not the problem, then keep this in mind: problems that go
away by themselves can come back by themselves. I suspect, though, it was
just a matter of time until the water did its work.