Stu Pittasso

Default Tile questions.....

Hi! We're remodeling our master bathroom, and we currently have ceramic
tile on the floor atop a bed of mortar. My first question is, providing the
old mortar bed doesn't get shredded to hell after chipping up the old tiles,
is it possible to lay new marble tiles over the old mortar bed (Old mortar
is on plywwod) or do we have to rip the whole shootin' match out?

Secondly, I've heard you can butt marble (12x12's) up tight when you lay it
and not have to use grout.....a look I much prefer. Is this doable?

Thanks for any help. I'll probably have a zillion questions before this
project is done.
Lori