Dorothy Roper

I had new cabinets installed almost two years ago. The man built the
cabinets himself but ordered the doors and drawer fronts. They are made of
thermofoil. The company that made them has a web site
(http://www.doormark.com) if you want to see what I am talking about.
Anyway, they are very easy to keep clean and so far we have not had any
problems with them. These are not the ready made ones you buy at Home Depot
or Lowes but I assume they are similar quality. In our last house we had
IXL cabinets (good ones for the 60s) made out of lacquer finished
wood...sounds great but they were impossible to keep clean. Never again for
me. Grease and dirt on wood is not a good thing.