Mary Fisher

Default Steam cleaner, a use at last :-)

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , Andy Hall
writes
On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 00:10:29 +0000, geoff wrote:

In message , Mary
Fisher writes

Why did they change the name? What was wrong with Jif? It meant

something

Yes - I want to have sex with your unmarried mother in Portugese or
something - i.e. not EU friendly

Although not all manufacturers have quite got there.

There's a brand of Spanish potato crisps called "Bum" and a Swedish
chocolate bar (a bit like Kit Kat) called "Kex".

The list goes on ...

Ficklover - chocolates in Sweden

There are more which I'll remember in due course

I seem to remember that Kodak was chosen because it wasn't any kind of word
in any known language ...

Mary

--
geoff