Serendipity

Vlad wrote:

After playing with multi hygrometers and humidistat's in different
rooms, timers to select the proper room to be humidified and
decreasing the humidity when the outside temperature is cooler, I
realized that a 300 W electric kettle running all the time except when
the r/u exceeds 40 % does ( in my case) a perfect job,
The annual cost is about $45 US .

I will keep using it.

Isn't there the possibility of the kettle overheating and causing a
fire? I would be very concerned about this. I would think an actual
humidifier even if table top model would be safer. I would also think
that actual humidifier whether in the furnace or tap top would be
cheaper to run than $45 a year. YMMV

Vlad

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 11:49:16 -0600, "suzn"
wrote:

wrote in message

We might explore a different myth. Does anyone have any real non-anecdotal
evidence that low humidity actually causes health problems? Do people who
live in Arizona have more or fewer respiratory problems than the rest of
us?

I dont have any extreme proof that lower humidity in the home effects ones
health
but since I started using a DEhumidifier I have no traces of mold anywhere
in my home
and no condensation on any window glass. I also noticed I stopped sneezing
100 times a day
and a cough that dragged on for weeks mysteriously disapearred practically
over night.
The house actually feels warmer (dryer air?) and my gas billed dropped
$12.00 from last month.
So I dunno......

Swiss people open windows and crawl under thick quilts in unheated
bedrooms
in wintertime because they believe that cold dry winter air is
healthier...

Nick