PoP

Default Mobile phone virgin seeks advice

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 20:13:12 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

I always have to smile when people say "can I have your mobile number?"
and I tell them they can, but it won't help them much because the phone
is usually switched off. I then get the lecture about "what is the point
of having a mobile if it is always switched off....". They seem to find
it hard to understand I carry it for my benefit - not theirs!

I just tell people I haven't got a mobile. Saves getting into a
conflab about how they can't reach me due to it being almost
permanently switched off!

And I mean almost permanently. About the only time it is sucking
airwaves is when I might be expecting my son or daughter to call when
we are out and about. They of course have a mobile each which
according to the usual definition would require life-saving surgery if
it ever got switched off.....

PoP

---
If you need to contact me please submit your comments
via the web form at http://www.anyoldtripe.co.uk. I'll
probably still ignore you but at least I'll get the
message.....