Phisherman

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 12:32:58 -0600, "les" wrote:

FYI....
Radon has also been implicated as a byproduct of tobacco
smoke, albeit small concentrations.
I can't quote where I read this, but consider it searchable
if you are really concerned about smoking/radon debates
in relation to CA.

Dr. B.

I've never heard of that. Although nobody in my household smokes,
including myself, there are about 50 toxic compounds in tobacco smoke
including cyanides and carbon monoxide. There is a map that shows the
areas of the US where there are high concentrations of naturally
occurring radon. I reside in such an area and had my house tested for
radon before I purchased the house. Use of tobacco and constant
exposure to high levels of radon greatly increases the chance of lung
cancer.