Rod Speed

Edwin Pawlowski wrote in message
m...
Rod Speed wrote
Don Ocean wrote
daestrom wrote
Gymmie Bob wrote

This is why self fueling gas pumps have signs that tell you it is illegal
to block the pump on with any mechanical means.

We just saw a little clip from the security camera tape at a gas pump
where this happenned. It wasn't funny for the woman in the film.

Jerry cans are to be grounded with a ground strap here before filling or
emptying. (I assume just the metal ones). To many nice vehicles have been
damaged by this. Plastic pickup bed liners have made this worse.

In NY its posted that cans must be removed from the vehicle and placed on
the ground next to the pump prior to filling (metal or plastic). This is
to help eliminate this hazard. The signs also warn of keeping the nozzle
in contact with the can while filling.

Of course, hoisting a five gal can in and out of a truck can be a pain, but
better safe than sorry.

Not quite true. All states have farm pickups, construction pickups and
governmental service pickups that have on board tanks installed just for
servicing other equipment. Everything from AvGas to Grade 4 fuels. And of
course this falls under federal jurisdiction as it is interstate
transports as soon as any vehicle touchs a highway or road.

Nope.

I am sure that you remember the tanker trucks going down the road with a
piece of chain dragging from the frame and sparking everytime it bounced on
the road.

They dont anymore tho.

Some still do.

Nope.

The Osterman truck that delivers propane

That wasnt even being discussed.

to out shop has a series of chains.