Mary Fisher

"Derek *" wrote in message

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 18:06:50 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

Done that too but we don't recognise it.

I just thought some older decorating guru here might recognise it ... :-)

It sounds like it could be a product called Lincrusta Walton, related to
linoleum.

Invented in 1880 by a guy called Walton. (the same guy invented
Anaglypta). Made from LINseed oil and CoRk dUST. Apparently still made.

Yes - and frightfully expensive!

Anaglypta was made from paper and cotton fibres.

It was supplied in semi rigid sheets and IIRC you could order it by the
metr^^^ foot.

Now it's in rolls the same size as wallpaper. And starts at almost £80 a
roll ...

You'd be *lucky* if the same pattern is still available, and it's
probably as expensive as hell.

See above :-)

Mary

DG