Nick Finnigan

"pauliepie" wrote in message
news

I used to be a draughtsman so I know how to draw up the plans, its just
I`m not to sure what insulation/thickness of joists I require, etc...

For Planing permission, you don't need those specs, and I'm sure you
(as an ex-draughtsman) can draw something acceptable yourself.

Thats why I thought somebody may have a recent sketch I could see.

What is the average costs to send the plans through the council.

If at all feasible, pop along to your local planning office, ask them
for details of costs, plans, and forms, and to have a look at some
recently submitted plans for extensions neraby. They may have a
website with some information as well; what area are you?

Building Regs is a bit tougher, might need specs, and you don't
have a right to see someone else's plans; but your local department
might be helpful, and you can put off those plans until you have PP.