Broadback

OG wrote:

"Andrew Chesters" wrote in
message ...

OG wrote:

My brother in Liverpool has a Yale cylinder deadlock on his garden

gate

which has survived outdoors for over 10 years.

He's still got a gate after 10 years? (1/2 Scouse! Please don't

shoot!)

He's been broken into 4 times in 15 years - yes it's distressing but
it's only been videos and hi-fis and bicycles. Now his whole house is
going to be compulsory purchased and torn down - a much more distressing
prospect given the amount of work that he's put into his home and garden
over the period.

You ask him which is more upsetting!

On topic:
Lobster I have used a very similar, if not same lock as you show for my
gate, that is still fine after nearly 4 years.

Off topic:
Og, it may be too late but a local chap was faced with the same problem,
and offered a derisory amount from the local authority. He went to an
estate agent who "sold" the house for him to the same authority for a
fair price. Worth a try.