Karl Vorwerk

I'm not sure if I'm reading correctly but are you talking about the 100%
silicone caulk a the hardware store? If so could you describe the basic
technique and proportions?
Thanks
Karl

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message
Jim wrote:
I need to fabricate some rubber parts for a custom air intake system
for an automotive application. The function of the rubber parts is to

snip
There are lots of sites out there that offer products for MAKING
silicone/urethane molds, but very few talk about products for CASTING
the product. Those that do, have not returned my e-mails. Maybe

Take a large candle, or a big slab of wax, and carve out the mold.
I've then had good results with using cheap acetoxy cure (smells like
acetic acid) silicone, with added water+alkali, to cure rapidly (5 mins)
Depending on what you make it with (bicarb of soda will give a foaming
effect, finely divided chalk won't.)