Martin H. Eastburn

Dave Bugg wrote:

Clay Cahill wrote:

I think he's referring to what in some parts of the Empire is called a
BBQ (my experience is from Australia and New Zealand where I have
family and friends... not sure if the same holds true in England).
They differentiate clearly between grills, smokers and what they call
BBQ's... which are essentially gas or charcoal fired skillets.

Since BBQ is NOT a piece of equipment, but the meat produced via a specific
method of cooking, perhaps the Empire needs to differentiate a bit more,
wot. :-)

Dave -

Must be a novice at the grand BBQ instrument. We cook 12 months a year on ours.
We cook all sorts of meat as you say, cook corn in the shuck, beans in a pan,
and various bread and bread like materials. Meat is 'fried' or baked.
Others are rotated. Some are speared. The best was a birthday cake when
the family oven did a nose dive some 30 years ago. The cake came out perfect.

It is simply the kitchen wood burner transformed into a propane burning cooker.

Martin [ still learning on that machine ]
--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer