The Natural Philosopher

Ricky C wrote:

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 21:01:07 GMT, "mrcheerful
." wrote:

just pressure wash the whole lot, then if it worries you remove each rusty
bit, strip and clean it and repaint.

Thanks to you and Ian.
pressure washing: I have one of those DIY patio cleaner pressure
washers, I could use but am concerned about water getting into
electrical components such as the alternator, wiring, etc. Should I
be?

Thanks..

RickyC

Get the engine hot, then spray it but not too hard.

The underbonnet areas of cars are expected to get a lot of water up from
the road - things are pretty protected. The hot engine will dry off fast.