:::Jerry::::

"Doctor Evil" wrote in message
news

:::Jerry:::: Wrote:
"top gear" wrote in message
...-

":::Jerry::::"
wrote in message
...-

"top gear"
wrote in message
...-

":::Jerry::::"
wrote in message

You are missing the point, the same can be true even if the--
recommended--
oils
and change periods are used, it is also true that engines and
transmissions
can fail even if the best oils are used, life of components has
far--
more--
do with how the car is driven than what oil might or might not
have--
been--
used - keep trying to 'crash' through the gears and any
transmission-
will-
have it's life expectancy shortened.

The point is not vehicle abuse.-

Yes it is.-

If you read the thread you will find it is not. I read the rest of
your-
post-
and it is clear you should focus on the points at hand.
-

Not maintaining a vehicle correctly is vehicle abuse, so it is very
much the
point in question.

I also see that you can't answer the direct question asked about your
'automotive engineering friends' ?...

I have read this thread and anyone who states that synthetic oil is
snake oil is half mad

If you read what is said and the context you will see that I'm calling it
snake oil were it's use is not required and / or beneficial, many people do
as you do and use synthetic oil due to the marketing hype - the use of fully
synthetic oil in a 850 (pre BMW) Mini is totally pointless and thus anyone
suggesting (like you and your alto-egos do) that people should use it are
doing nothing but pushing snake oil.

- Porsche, and others, have it in from new, so

Yes, because those engines are high performance and are designed to use such
oil.

maybe they have been conned by sythetic snake oil too. It is best not
to bother with this sort of disjointed, scattered, incoherrent ranting
and rambling. Only on the Internet you find this type, or shouting the
"end of the world is nigh" along Oxford St.

The only person who does that sort of thing is you IMM, probably due to not
being able to follow a debate - the only debate you are able to put into
practise is that of mass-debating....

Here is a cut and paste of a posting of mine in December:

So a synthetic oil is not necessarily 100%
synthetic, nor is it necessarily
better than a mineral based oil.

I totally disagree with that, so would just about every tribologist. I
have been using synthetic oils for about 15 years and there is no
comparison to mineral oils. the engine always has that newness feel
and sound to it. I started using it after visiting an oil research
centre on business, where the techies there explained it all and said
all cars should have fully synthetic and it is foolish not to for the
protection it gives. They take a long time to break down and the shear
(resistance to compression) is phenomenal compared to mineral.

Interesting how certain phrases keep cropping up in both the messages from
'top gear' and those of "Doctor Evil" [aka Dr Drivel aka IMM]....