Mary Fisher

"quisquiliae" wrote in message
. uk...
Mary Fisher wrote:

No, that ws my first suggestion but it absolutely isn't. We have
anaglypta in our house from the same era and it's been painted even more
often than the neighbour's. The seams still show. Remember that in those
days papers were overlapped, not butted at the edges.

Maybe someone has mentioned it already and I've missed it but could it be
lincrusta ? An embossed pattern on what is essentialy putty.

Ah yes, I remember it well. Linseed oil ...

But it still comes in rolls ... and would have been far too expensive to use
over all the walls as well as the ceiling in this modest house. Although the
first owners were pretentious ... Hmm.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look more closely.

Mary

--
David Clark

$message_body_include ="PLES RING IF AN RNSR IS REQIRD"