Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
top gear wrote:
Full synthetic oil is not snake oil.

No one here has said it is.

Its benefits over run of the mill mineral oils is beyond question, and I
have no intention of going down the synthetic vs mineral argument.

No one here is arguing this either - although the main benefits of
synthetic are longer service life. Not better lubrication than other oils
when both are performing within spec.

My automotive engineering friends, not mechanics, say that Slick 50 in
the gear box will prevent wear. I believe them. :-)

Now you're into snake oil. There is no truly independant evidence that any
aftermarket oil additives improve the performance of good quality oil.
And equally as much that it may actually cause damage. And any *true*
engineer would agree with this.

Slick 50 g/box treatment is not a one off treatment like the engine
version. It has to be in at all times.

True ********. You are IMM and I claim my 5 pounds.

--
*I went to school to become a wit, only got halfway through.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.