Gary J Tait

On 13 Feb 2005 23:39:41 -0800, wrote:

I never buy premium cable. I buy what I can afford, and look for
deals.

So back to my original as yet unanswered question-what brands to I
need to avoid to steer clear of Thompson and RCA? GE appears to be one
based on other newsgroup articles. Does anyone know what brands are
owned by or use Thompson/RCA parts/components? The Thompson web site
is vague.

Walt

I have seen cabling accessories RCA branded.
I have seen RCA, Thomson, Proscan, GE for some. Scenium is supposedly
their "premium" line.
I think Alcatel is somehow owned by Thomson.
The DirecTV R10 receiver is I believe Thomson manufactured.

Otherwise, I couldn't say what Thomson brands are sold retail in North
America.

Their semiconduictor division is ST (and there is numerous other
brands which use ST chips)