**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

For my HP LaserJet 4L I bought one of those refills where the open a
hole and re-fill. Unfortunately what they don't do is open a hole and
empty the waste compartment where excess toner collects during use. The
cartridge had been refilled a few times as well. As a result, the
cartridge spilled a lot of toner into my printer and I was back to using
factory fresh ones. Does anyone do these refills properly with low
useage cores?

Doug McLaren wrote:

In article .com,
Jack// ani wrote:

| I'm breaking my head as how to open the toner cartridge of my HP
| laser printer, which I'm willing to refill by myself. I can see the
| lid at the left end, but can't remove the top cover completely so as
| to pour the toner. It seems that I'm missing out some hidden screw.
| Cartridge is C7115A taken out from a HP laser jet 1000 series printer.

The kits I've seen give you a soldering iron with a circular head to
cut a hole in the cartridge, and a plug to fill the hole. And a book
to tell you where to put the hole on each type of cartridge. And some
toner, of course.

You burn a hole, fill it with toner, put the plug in.

It works pretty good, but it IS messy. Do it outside

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"

The Lost Deep Thoughts By: Jack Handey
Before a mad scientist goes mad, there's probably a time
when he's only partially mad. And this is the time when he's
going to throw his best parties.