Mike Mitchell

Default Mobile phone virgin seeks advice

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 17:43:05 +0000, chris French
wrote:

In message , Mike Mitchell
writes
On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 14:42:01 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

40 quid will get you a phone and 10 quids worth of out going calls.
Since you wont be making many (any?) outgoing calls that will last you
many months!

What happens when I have used the £10 worth of calls? Okay, I know I
said I won't use it, but inevitably the agent or buyer will want
calling back sometimes. Can I top up the phone from anywhere or only
from Virgin?

Various options:

You can top up with a credit or debit card by ringing up virgin on the
phone (free)

You can buy a voucher in a shop (all over the place) and use that.

You can use the 'e-topup' card, which is a swipe card you use in
various shops etc. (the card just tells the system which account to
credit)

Ah, that's the one the lady at the Vodaphone shop showed me. By far
the best option for me.

With virgin as others have said, you can setup a direct debit with there
PAYG phones.

DD, yuk! I don't that either, and have it only for the council tax. I
just don't like the idea of complete strangers tapping into my
account(s). I always pay bills by cheque. One of my funny little ways,
although endearing to some...

MM