Woodcrafter

"Doug" wrote in message
oups.com...
I new this time would come! The knives on my Yorkcraft 6" jointer are
finally dulling out, so I plan to take them to the sharpener. What's
the deal with resetting the blades? Is it the nightmare I'm expecting,
or not? I was about to order the knife setting jig offered from
Grizzly for $26. It appears to simply rest (magnet?) on the outfeed
table and give you an exact reference for setting the blades. Is this
device worth it?

I have one of these (Jointer Pal) and certainly find it useful. It may not
be able to set your knives to tolerances within 0.002 as some woodies strive
for, but that's not really needed in my opinion. It sets my knives
accurately enough to be able to straighten out a boar quite nicely.
There are other methods like using a straightedge for example, but I find
the Jointer Pal to work very well for me.

--
Regards,

Dean Bielanowski
Editor,
Online Tool Reviews
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Over 70 woodworking product reviews online!
Latest 6 Reviews:
- GMC BJ110 Biscuit Joiner
- Karcher NT361 Dust Extractor
- Ozito Electronic Ear Muffs
- Festool TDK Cordless Drills
- Infinity Kitchen Making Router Bit Set
- Jorgensen Cabinet Master Clamps