Jack Fearnley

Default Delta SH100 Router/Shaper

Since I got such good advice from the group when I asked about my old
Craftsman router (You explained the problems of ARHA to me) I thought I
would ask your opinions on the Delta SH100 Router/Shaper.

When I first started into woodworking six months ago I was determined to
build myself a router table, inspired by New Yankee Workshop and a plan in
a Woodsmith book. However, I attended a woodworking show and saw the Delta
machine. Here was a machine with a decent table, fence, router and lift
all in one convenient package at an unbeatable price! So I bought it and
am quite staisfied so far but have only done a couple of small projects
which used it.

The only specification that gives me some concern is the rotation speed
which is about half the speed of my beautiful new Bosch router. I also
think I should build a decent fence for it.

What do you all think of this approach to a router table?

Best Regards,
Jack Fearnley