Dorothy and Richard Shelson

Hi George:

Thanks for your message. The Lathe is old, probably mid 1970's so it is
not likely to be listed on any active page. It IS listed on the Old
Woodworking Machines page at the following URL

http://www.owwm.com/PhotoIndex/detail.asp?id=102

It does not have a Morse taper in the Headstock, only the Thread mount I
mentioned. It has a #2 Morse Taper in the Tailstock which is where I
currently mount the Jacobs Chuck when I need to use it.

Richard Shelson

P.S. You have yourself well hidden. I tried to reply to you through the
backchannels so I did not visit this specific information on everyone
but the message bounced so I am sending it this way.

George wrote:
"Dorothy and Richard Shelson" wrote in message

Hi all:

I have a Rockwell Beaver 3400 36 inch Lathe. It has a 7/8 14 THD S.A.E.
STD thread in the headstock and I am looking for a Jacobs chuck to go on
that. I have a chuck which goes into the tailstock but that requires me
to push the spinning wood into the stationary drill bit and I would like
to do it the other way around if possible. Is there a way to convert
(adapt) my current chuck to go into the headstock or does anyone know
where I can buy another one that will work?

Can't find that number on the Rockwell/Beaver lathe page at
http://www.acetoolrepair.com/DeltaHt...WoodLathes.htm
Does it have a morse taper in the headstock for use with the driven center?
If so, standard chucks can be purchased for use with the MT. Sounds like a
#1 MT would be the one.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...330,49238&ap=1