N. Thornton

Default Just seen another horror story

parish parish_AT_ntlworld.com wrote in message t...
N. Thornton wrote:

Part of the plan with new builds is you dont pay the last x% until 3
months after you've moved in. So if they want their money...

Will large housebuilders agree to this?

Hi

If a housebuilder wants you to pay everything before moving in or
_thoroughly_ inspecting the finished property, they're asking an
unreasonable/cheeky deal. We all know there are problems on new
builds, and we all know how money motivates builders and very little
else does, in most cases.

They're hoping you're in la-la land and will lie over the barrel for
them. Now if you want to go ahead with that kind of buy, thats upto
you. But I would start having reservations at that point.

To imagine you're going to find a buiding co that wont put a foot
wrong and will guarantee to solve all problems quickly is the dream we
all want, so much so that many people are willing to believe its for
real when a company tries to convince them it is. The marketing
methods are well known. Its like diets, the evidence on them is clear
enough, but people keep buying them because they want to believe, and
are willing to believe /get fooled, over and over again.

Cease dreaming. If you were buying Buckingham Palace you'd have enough
dosh to actually achieve the hassle free dream, but for the rest of us
its unaffordable to have someone oversee the project like that for us.
You may have problems, its the nature of the game, so pick a contract
thats reasonable and gives you the power to resolve them in 99.99% of
cases.

If you lie over someones barrel, you're half to blame because you put
yourself there.

Regards, NT