View Single Post
  #11   Report Post  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickd

Thanks for the advice.
The other problem I have is that I want to relocate the store downstairs. As it has a header tank attached, this is not possible without ripping the header tank off and running a pipe up to the loft, which i'm trying to avoid.
You can have the store downstairs. Have it as high as possible so the header is near the ceiling and above the boiler. I hope that sorts that.

Now the heating system. Make the CH circuit a pressurised circuit isolated from the store. Take the CH flow and return off the store (I assume the pump is on the store) and run the two pipes into a plate heat exchanger (the size of a book). Take the rads flow and return into the other two ports of the plate. Install a new pump for the rads. This isolates the CH from the store. Install a pressurisation kit on the rads side of the plate, so you can have all the rads anywhere, with: vessel, blow-off, guage, filling loop. You will have two pumps running the CH. Just have the two pumps off the same wire, so both are either off or on. The whole lot should cost you about £150, inc pump.

- Install a large boiler with 28mm flow and return
- Clean out the scale in DHW coil
- install a flow switch on the cold DHW mains to cut out the CH pumps when the DHW is being called, making it a priority system. A small relay from maplin in a plastic housing will do to switch the pumps in and out.

The larger boiler will reheat very fast.

That will solve all probs.