Michael Black

"Jack// ani" ) writes:
Hi all,

I'm breaking my head as how to open the toner cartridge of my HP
laser printer, which I'm willing to refill by myself. I can see the
lid at the left end, but can't remove the top cover completely so as
to pour the toner. It seems that I'm missing out some hidden screw.
Cartridge is C7115A taken out from a HP laser jet 1000 series printer.

Thanks

YOu use to see bits about refilling laser cartridges, in the early days
of home laser printers. Don Lancaster wrote about it, and for all I know
he may have the old article somewhere on his website, http://www.tinaja.com

But, and I realize it may depend on the cartridge, I remember his instructions
being about drilling a hole, and then funnelling in new toner, rather than
opening the whole thing.

It can get pretty messy if you have to open the whole thing.

Michael