motsco_ _

Default ___ Sony Cass. Goes SL0wwerrrr TC-K730ES

It's a house deck, single cassette, non-reversing. Big and heavy, Circa
1992. As it warms up when first switched on, it runs normal for a few
seconds, then gets slower and slower, then automatically shuts off. The
circuit board where the open stators are mounted has been attacked by a
(possibly human) service person, and many SMT resistors and caps
shuffled around. The speed control chip is hidden inside the capstan
flywheel when assembled, and I haven't been able shoot it with
freeze-it. (I'll try it with the whole drive module removed from the
faceplate)

Anybody seen this problem? It's a great (looking) deck, and I'd like to
get it working....I can provide pictures of the previous (soldering)
carnage.

motsco