NSM

wrote in message
ups.com...

So back to my original as yet unanswered question-what brands to I
need to avoid to steer clear of Thompson and RCA? GE appears to be one
based on other newsgroup articles. Does anyone know what brands are
owned by or use Thompson/RCA parts/components? The Thompson web site
is vague.

If you take it out of the box and it doesn't work or there's something
stupid about the way it works - it's Thompson/RCA. I gave them one last
chance - bought a 5 disk DVD player. Took it home - jammed - wouldn't work.
Took it back - got another. You can't change disks with the remote - hello?
What the hell piece of crap is this? Got a refund and bought an Akai which
is a no-name rebranded but works OK. I'd got for LG (Goldstar) or a no-name
before I went near RCA ****. I think the company was asset stripped and they
rent the brand out to put on junk no one will buy.