Mike Marlow

"Tim Douglass" wrote in message

For a
20A circuit #12 wire will handle up to 70 feet - but don't forget to
add in the cord to your tool. Only my TS is more than a couple feet
from the wall, and it has a 20' cord on it. Just to be on the safe
side I ran #10 wire in the wall and don't ever anticipate any voltage
drop problems.

Where did you get the information that a 20A 12ga circuit is only good for
around 70 feet Tim? I know that I have measured voltage at equipment at the
end of my runs and that's a lot more than 70 feet and seen no voltage drop.
I'm not at all sure the 70 foot thing is accurate.
--

-Mike-