Leon

"TeamCasa" wrote in message
Leon:
My local service has the trick machinery that cost as much as a house
also. I think what most locals do not offer is to straighten a blade.
My Forrest came back nice and sharp from the local shop also but the
quality of cut was inferior to a new blade. If you have a blade that no
longer runs true your local service may not be able to fix all of you
problems.

I'd try a new service. The first thing my local shop does is true the
blade then sharpen it.

Yeah I switched to Forrest. Oddly the old sharpening company does a LOT of
business and I do not know of one that does flatten blades that are local.

What good is a sharp blade that does not run true?
Exactly but not all flatten the blades.

Frankly, I find it a bit dubious that Forrest charges extra to true a
blade. How do you sharpen a blade that has excessive runout?

I suspect certain tooth tips get ground a bit more than necessary.