Bob G.

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 05:18:57 GMT, "Highland Pairos"
wrote:

If you don't get rid of it, what would you use it for? I am waiting on my
cabinet saw to be delivered and am trying to decide what to do with the 30
y.o. Craftsman that I have been using. It came with a sanding disk, so I
have been thinking about setting it up as a dedicated sanding station.

SteveP.

When I upgraded almost 30 years ago to a Cabinet Saw I kept my old
craftsman contractors saw...to use for cross cutting and for ocasional
dado work...

IT came in extremely handy... a few years ago the cratsman developed
some problems and it was out of service for only a week before I
absolutely had to find a replacement for it.. So I went out and
picked up a old Rockwell/Delta contractors saw....

I made a "Sled" for it...that allows me to adjust the cut + or - a few
degrees just in case ...never needed any adjustments however...
and I do 100 percent of my cross cutting on that saw... and if I have
a project that requires dados I mount the dado blade on it...

Room in my shop is at a premium so I make a moble "base cabinet" for
it and rool it to a corner when not in use...

Honestly I really depend on the flexability 2 table saws give me... if
I did not then I would not have spent thr money replacing my secondary
saw..

Bob Griffiths