PoP

Default Mobile phone virgin seeks advice

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 10:17:14 +0000, Mike Mitchell
wrote:

I hate mobile phones.

You are not alone. I bought one 4 years ago (Siemens S25). The day
after I bought it Virgin Recordstores reduced the price by £60. I
complained, they added £60 to my call credits.

I am *still* on that original £60, having used less than £40 worth of
calls in 4 years. I am aware many people get thru £40 worth and up
each month.

I hate mobile phones with a vengeance, makes me wonder how we ever
used to do anything when we didn't even have a landline phone in the
street!

The only "good" use I have for a mobile phone is for emergency use. I
keep it switched off in the car most of the time.

Might sound odd given that I'm in a business where contacting me might
be appropriate - but I firmly believe that when I'm on a job on a
customer site then that customer gets 100% of my attention - I'm not
going to waste time talking to other would-be customers. I have a
voicemail system on my landline which I can access remotely and will
always call back as required.

PoP

---
If you need to contact me please submit your comments
via the web form at http://www.anyoldtripe.co.uk. I'll
probably still ignore you but at least I'll get the
message.....