Mike Marlow

"Leon" wrote in message
om...

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message
.

I disagree. He has a 10" saw now. Most likely, anything he upgrades to
will also be 10". There is no difference in table clearance from one

10"
saw to another. Maybe you missed the point that he is currently running

10" saw.

Can you assure us that although his upgrade saw will be a 10" saw that the
clearance in blade Width will be adequate? IIRC some saw manufacturers
suggest smaller diameter dado blades so that there will be adequate Width
clearance if the dado blade is tilted.

Nope - I sure can't, but like I said in another reply, he has one of the
smallest arbors out there already. Any upgrade - especially to the level of
saw he specified, is *almost* assured to only gain him arbor capacity.
Worst case, he doesn't really upgrade and ends up with another saw of the
same class - so he continues to use his dado up to the 1/2" limit that he's
bound to today. Like I said in another reply - he ends up with spare
cutters. It's a no risk investment as I see it.
--

-Mike-