Leon

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message

Well, according to Delta he can use anything with a 5/8" arbor that does
not
stack beyond 1/2". That's something of a limitation, but not one that
should be a show stopper. If he upgrades as he plans, just about any
better
saw will only give him more capability with just about any dado head. If
he
never upgrades, well then he's stuck with a 1/2" limitation, but at least
he
has a few spare cutters at his disposal.

BUT, not all saws have adequate clearance under the table for a 8" tall and
wide dado blade when tilted. IIRC a few years ago Jet recommended a 6"
dado set for proper clearance under the table. Most likely he will be OK
but I would still wait to see what I end up with before buying the dado set.