Mike Marlow

"Leon" wrote in message
om...

"RobW" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a 10" Delta Shopmaster table saw, model TS-220 (or something
like that), but would like to upgrade to a contractor/cabinet saw in
the not-too-distant future. In the meantime, I'd like to get a
dado-blade I can use on the bench saw, but don't want to waste money.

You have unanswered questions about a dado set working correctly with your
current saw, how could you possibly make an educated decision about buying

dado set for a saw you have not even chosen yet? If you do not want to
waste money, wait until you get the saw you want to upgrade to.

Well, according to Delta he can use anything with a 5/8" arbor that does not
stack beyond 1/2". That's something of a limitation, but not one that
should be a show stopper. If he upgrades as he plans, just about any better
saw will only give him more capability with just about any dado head. If he
never upgrades, well then he's stuck with a 1/2" limitation, but at least he
has a few spare cutters at his disposal.
--

-Mike-