Mike Marlow

"Art Lindquist" wrote in message
Rob, I doubt that would be a good Idea. You may get by using the smaller
dado on the bigger saw, but not the larger blade on the smaller saw. It

is
a question of safety, and I would not recommend it. When you raise the
blade you may end up running aground on the saws table, or just have a
clearance that is unsafe. Sorry.

I disagree. He has a 10" saw now. Most likely, anything he upgrades to
will also be 10". There is no difference in table clearance from one 10"
saw to another. Maybe you missed the point that he is currently running a
10" saw.

--

-Mike-

"RobW" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a 10" Delta Shopmaster table saw, model TS-220 (or something
like that), but would like to upgrade to a contractor/cabinet saw in
the not-too-distant future. In the meantime, I'd like to get a
dado-blade I can use on the bench saw, but don't want to waste money.

Can I get a decent stacked dado (Freud, etc) and only use what will fit
on the shorter arbor? Will the saw be able to spin that much metal, or
am I stuck getting a smaller 6".

Also, I've seen the $100 Freud in stores, and have read that it's
decent (not great, but good). A woodworking class I took had an Oldham
stacked dado, and it seemed to cut clean dado's. Any difference in
quality between the two?

Rob