Leon

"max" wrote in message
I used to use Forrest sharpening service. I figured that they made the
blade
I valued most, they should maintain it. While talking to my local
sharpening
guy I brought up the Forrest and the sharpening. He told me he spent
$100,000 buying a machine to sharpen Forrest type blades. He sharpenend
mine
and it was every bit as good as the factory. So, maybe you need a special
machine to sharpen these blades and locals without the machine can not do
as
well?
max

My local service has the trick machinery that cost as much as a house also.
I think what most locals do not offer is to straighten a blade. My Forrest
came back nice and sharp from the local shop also but the quality of cut was
inferior to a new blade. If you have a blade that no longer runs true your
local service may not be able to fix all of you problems.