Greybeard

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 08:36:47 -0800, "Roger Shoaf"
wrote:

Have you considered a steel rule die? These are steel knives set into a
kerf in a piece of plywood. Cheap.

COnsidered, but not seriously. There are die cut kits available, and
while it beats hand cutting, it still leaves a lot to be desired. The
router/master is looking the best right now, and cheap really isn't a
factor. There are four different window and door castings that I use,
that would mean four masters, not really a big deal. The occasional
odd ball that I use, one opening isn't a big thing, I've been doing it
that way for 25 years. Just not liking it when I'm looking at bigger
numbers. The basswood isn't bad to work with until you take the 1/32"
sheet and scribe halfway through it, then it likes to split a little
too easy. With the router, I might be able to stack sides together
and do the whole lot at once. Or maybe I'm dreaming too.

Greybeard