Charles A. Sherwood

Default Myford Lathe FS soon

I have a Myford super 7 FS. This machine was made in the 1950s
and is characterized by the drip oiler on the spindle and it
does not have power crossfeed. It does have a clutch.

I have bought this machine about 5 years ago. I used it as my
second lathe and it runs well. I'm only selling it because I
have 3 other lathes.

The following has been done to this machine since I bought it:
-replace both ball bearings on the left side of the spindle
-replaced cross feed lead screw and nut
-replaced half nuts
-installed new QC gear box (cost about 1300)

Accessories included:
- Face plate
- driver plate
- Italian made quick change tool post with 5 tool holders
- 1/2HP single phase motor
- Jacobs drill chuck
- Manual
- myford leveling blocks

Please note that no lathe chucks are included. New england brass
quoted me $240 for a 4 inch bison 3 jaw with myford threads.

Lathe is located in Naperville, IL.
I am not sure how much to ask for this machine. Any opinions
or offers? I may sell it outright, I may put it on ebay or I
might take it to NAMES. I will be more motivated to sell it
if you come haul it out of my basment and save me the time
and effort of advertising.

chuck sherwood