yourname

CNC machines make a great deal of additonal heat: ths adds into the heat
always radiating form the slab, causing overheating. Same thing happens
with houses with lots of sun loading. Didn't mean to say it had to be
this way, just a note on one such instance.

Dave Hinz wrote:
On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 18:47:51 GMT, yourname wrote:

If you make the floor thick enough you can lag where ever you want to.
Cracking is your biggest fear, real cracks can sever the tube. have it
in my garage with no problems as of yet.

Note on machine shops: A friend has it in his busy cnc shop, and they
have the doors open in the moderately cold weather; all the added heat
load from machines. If I were putting it in my busy shop, I might
undersize or figure some other way to deal with overheating.

That's what thermostatic controls at the heat source are for, no?