Boris Mohar

On 14 Feb 2005 10:22:36 -0800, "Jim" wrote:

I need to fabricate some rubber parts for a custom air intake system
for an automotive application. The function of the rubber parts is to
connect various pieces of steel tubing together with an air tight seal
and still allow some flexing. The parts also need to be able to take a
hose clamp without tearing. I'm thinking a shore A hardess of about 40
should be adequate. It's a non-production, hobbyist application.
Temperatures will unlikely reach over 350F. The end result will be
something similar to a coupler used for turbo/intercooler plumbing, but
that's not my intended use.

What a coincidence!

Check out my website at http://www.viatrack.ca/Intercooler/

I used 80 shore polyurethane and stretchable polyester fabric. The elbow is
in my car now and sees 20 lb of boost. I got my polyurethane locally and
polyester fabric at local fabric store. I believe the you can order
polyurethane from www.mcmaster.com

Regards,

Boris Mohar

Got Knock? - see: